ROASTED BEETS & DANDELION GREEN SPINACH SALAD | Integrator 2
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 6
This nutrient dense salad features heart healthy beets, a rich source of nitrates that the body can convert into nitric oxide (NO), a natural vasodilator.
- 2.5 lbs. of beets (10 – 12 small or 8 medium) I like a mix of golden and red beets, trim off the tops and scrub them
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Cups Organic Dandelion Greens rinsed (I use the top half and save the bottom stems for juicing)
- 2 Cups baby organic spinach
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 Cup coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds (pulse in the food processor)
- 1⁄4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 Tsp organic Dijon mustard
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1⁄2 Tsp organic coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 Tsp cracked pepper
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (218 c). Brush the rinsed and trimmed beets with coconut oil and wrap in parchment paper. Then cover tightly with heavy foil. Wrap each package with about 4 – 5 beets in each.
- Roast beets on oven rack for 40 – 45 minutes until easily pierced with knife.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open each pouch in the sink – with rubber gloves, rub off the skins under cool water and place in a prep bowl. Place the beets in the refrigerator to cool.
- Cut the dandelion greens into manageable pieces and place in large bowl with baby spinach.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a small skillet with 1 tsp of cumin seeds heat until seeds start to toast about 3-4 mins pour over the greens to soften. Sprinkle salad with fresh oregano sprigs and chopped pumpkin seeds.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients in a mini blender and blend until beautifully smooth and light yellow. Drizzle evenly over the salad and mix to combine.
TIP: Optional Added Protein ~ Add in 1 cup cooked Tri-Colored Quinoa and toss.