DIGESTIVE PLUS COCONUT KEFIR & GREEN SMOOTHIE | Integrator 3
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
YIELD: SERVES 2
Non-Diary probiotic food that provides your gut with lots of beneficial bacteria, electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants in an easy to digest and absorb Green Smoothie.
- 2 Cups – 16 oz of Coconut Water Kefir
- 2 Cups organic Greens (Spinach, Kale Pea shoots, Micro Greens)
- 1⁄2 Cup fresh herbs – (parsley, mint, oregano or basil ~ or some combination)
- 1 Organic celery stalk
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Organic green apple or one Organic pear– cored
- 4 Ice cubes (filtered water)
- 1⁄4 Cup organic cane sugar
- 4 Cups Pure Coconut Water (no added ingredients, no pulp, not from concentrate)
- 1⁄4 Cup Activated Kefir grains (buy Cultures for Health Starter Kit easy 123)
- Place filtered water ice cubes in bottom, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary
- Get creative – this recipe allows for you to mix and match to create dense nutrient smoothie ready for your body to easily absorb.
- Add 1 cup of coconut water to large Quart Mason Jar, add the sugar and stir or swirl to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the remaining coconut water, and the hydrated kefir grains cover mix to combine
- Cover the jar with coffee filter, fermenting cap or cheesecloth and secure with rubber band
- Let it sit in warm place (70-80 degrees) for 24 – 48 hours
- Kefir water should be a bit cloudy and tangy
- Strain the kefir grains through small mesh strainer into another large mason jar
- The kefir grains can be added directly to a new batch of sugar water or coconut water.